Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Surgery

My doctor's think that I am an excellent candidate for DBS (Deep Brain Stimulation). So, on August 15, 2009, I go under the knife. After a long 10-1/2 hours in the operating room, I was done. What was really weird was that I was awake for part of the surgery so that they could test the location of the electrodes. They would turn on the juice and sometimes something good happens, and other times it wasn't so good. This was a signal for them to move the electrodes.

But finally, all was done and I was wheeled out and placed in a room for 4 days while I was recovering. It was good because my mom and sister came out here and between them and Jerrilynn, someone was with me the whole time. I don't remember much of that time.

A week later, I went back in so that they could insert the controller just below my right collar bone and connect the wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment